VAT healthchecks are becoming more frequent in today’s business climate ensuring that the business and the VAT accounting systems are accurate and effective.
Since the introduction of the VAT penalty regime compliance mistakes are becoming increasingly expensive and our VAT healtchecks are aimed to help reduce the risk of exposure to mistakes and any unexpected protracted VAT Inspections.
Our VAT healthchecks are carried out by ex HMRC officers who have experience within the VAT compliance field ensuring the review would cover the areas HMRC officer would investigate.
Our VAT healthcheck will take place at the business premises and will aim to;
- Ensure that you’re applying the right VAT schemes
- Check a sample of transactions to ensure their compliant
- Annual Accounts reconciliation
- Where appropriate, update you or your staff regarding VAT rules;
- Where partial exemption rules are applicable, check that VAT is being calculated correctly;
- Identify key VAT saving opportunities
- Reduce the scope for VAT errors
- Provide recommendations to assist in rectifying areas highlighted
- Provide further help and assistance where required
Our VAT healthcecks can be carried out to suit our client’s availability and requirements and our fees are charged at an affordable rate. We also offer our clients an annual VAT healthcheck installing confidence in their VAT reporting systems.
We can also offer Income Tax Self-Assessment Healthchecks either separately or as a joint Healthcheck, which is what HMRC may carry out on occasions.
For more details please contact our TAX team for more information.